View Single Post
Old 15-Dec-2013, 3:45 PM   #7
phone man

See post #2 above. Teleview laid it out pretty well.

With a clear unobstructed view (very important) toward 312 degrees, your DB8 should be capable of picking up real ch22 provided you're not losing signal between the antenna and your TV. A mock set up with one TV near your antenna and a known good length of coax might be helpful and would eliminate any mistakes in your signal distribution. BTW, have you added up your signal loss from antenna to TV?
Get a compass. Get away from buildings and determine which way 312 degrees is and set a landmark to aim by. Do a fresh scan. If nothing shows move the antenna 5 degrees either side and scan again. Try at different times of the day too. Weak signals seem to worse mid afternoon and stronger late in the evening or early morning.

Coincidentally, my CW affiliate is also 66 miles away, 2 edge and signal strength is -3. I have a clear view toward the broadcast tower with no tall trees within 500 ft. I'm using an eight bay antenna similar to yours with a 17 db pre amp, one three way splitter. My longest coax run is 120' to a TV in the bedroom. I rarely experience any drop outs or problems with this channel.
phone man is offline   Reply With Quote