View Single Post
Old 4-May-2012, 2:16 PM   #6
GroundUrMast

Yes, I think there is far too much signal power. Each of the top four stations are radiating between 500,000 and 1,000,000 watts ERP and you are only 2 miles away. A test meter is not needed, look at the Signal Pwr (dBm) column and you'll see the values highlighted in red, a warning of tuner overload in many cases... with out any amplifier involved. (In most cases, I'd be curious to know the make and model of the amplifier... not in this case though. Any amplifier is going to make the situation worse.)

When you look at the NM (dB) column of your report, you see values in the +70 and +80 range. That suggests enough power to drive almost 1000' of RG-6 with no amplifier.

I'll bet one or more of your TV's will receive several stations with the coax completely disconnected from the tuner.

An online search for "Holland FAM-10" should give you a list of sources for attenuators. I would expect you'll need no less than 10 dB... possibly as much as 40 dB.

Yes, I would try aiming away from the strongest signals, favoring the weaker signals. The ANT-751 is like most Yagi and LPDA antennas, more sensitive in one direction, but able to receive from the backside at somewhat lower sensitivity.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 4-May-2012 at 2:33 PM. Reason: confirm aim suggestion
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote