View Single Post
Old 8-Jul-2013, 9:02 PM   #1
dizzie

Request For Antenna Advice

Radar Plot Link - http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...05599baddff87c

Hi, and thanks very much in advance for any advice! While I've done some research, I get a lot of conflicting opinions of antenna styles and models and am hoping some of you can look at my particular situation.

I'm most interested in getting the first 5 stations shown on the list at the link, plus WWBT-12, which luckily all show in green. Whether I get other stations or not is fine. However, I would like to install the antenna in my attic unless it is just not feasible that I'll get a good signal for these 6 stations. I would also like to go without a motorized rotating antenna if at all possible. I can have the antenna be pretty large if needed - even up to 10 feet by 10 feet by 5 feet perhaps. Also, all of these stations are to the south of my location. There is a half an acre or so of tall pine, oak, and maple trees that flank the south side of my yard. I guess that many of them are 30 to 40 feet high. I know that DirecTV told me that I wouldn't be able to get reception to their satellite at my home when I inquired 5 to 7 years ago and a serviceman came to my house.

All are UHF except for WWBT, as shown.

Thanks very much and feel free to ask questions. My house is brick veneer, with a siding addition on the south side. My roof is composite. Also, there are kind of two "compartments" to the attic. When the addition was done, the roof of it was attached over part of the existing roof, so you can't get from one attic to the other unless you crawl through a hole in the old roof to the new attic. The house is wired for cable. I currently have Verizon fios internet and TV. Will using the existing cables for OTA TV signals interfere with my internet service (fiber) that goes through the cable to my modem? I'm not sure how many splitters there are throughout the home. I have a hunch that the wiring in the addition was split off of existing wiring, not brought in from the source, if that makes sense. The reason I say that is that I believe that Verizon had to increase the signal strength for the cable box in the addition.

Again, THANK YOU!!! And, sorry for writing a book.
dizzie is offline   Reply With Quote