View Single Post
Old 29-Sep-2013, 7:22 AM   #5
StephanieS

S197,

GroundUrMast gave you a great suggestions. The two antenna option with separate coax leads is where I'd go. The Winegard HD7698P coupled the RCA TVPRAMP1R preamp pointed at 179 degrees magnetic would be my starting point for ION, NBC and the second PBS, CBS, ABC and FOX.

There is a good chance you'd see the stronger signals off the side of the Winegard HD7698P. I've found receiving off the side of directional antenna though, you may experience fluctuations or drop outs of stronger signals. For that reason, I'd also mount an RCA ANT751 pointed at 148 degrees magnetic on the roof with the Winegard HD7698P 4 feet above the ANT751.

I'd then have an A/B switch in house to toggle between which signal you want to watch.

Part of my reason for the Winegard HD7698P dedicated at 179 degrees magnetic is, if you did a signal antenna option, you'd have to split the difference with the other signals. In this case, having the Winegard HD7698P pointed right at or very close to those weaker NBC, ION, CBS and ABC affiliates will give you the best chance at success.

In this scenario I can see you receiving everything down to WOLF (FOX) with reasonable reliability. WSWB (CW) might even show up too. Getting into negative db values, life gets more interesting though.

Good luck!
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote