View Single Post
Old 12-Sep-2017, 2:55 AM   #23
Tvaddict17

Weekend update

Well, I spent another weekend up in the attic. I will share my results. I ended up getting the RCATVRAMP1R. It works. I saw that it was what you had Rabbit73, so i gave it a try. It proves the LNA-200 was defective, but I am past the 30 day return time for Amazon. I was using a powered 4-way splitter. I am now getting the same channels with it disconnected, and using a non-powered splitter. It's a wash I guess. I spent most of my time exhausting all possibilities with the DB8e. As before the MCM-2476 works well for the two VHF's i have. The DB8e, in my situation could not get the channels as well as the winegard 7698. When you mentioned (Rabbit73), that there are many problems with attic instillation, I actually removed the 7698 just to make sure there were no issues with it's interference. I aimed the DB8e higher for real channel 28 near me and it helped, but still not a reliable signal. I then tried it in every conceivable pattern to the south of me, but it can't match the 7698 for me. So, I brought the Winegard, (which I now have taken apart and put back together countless times, breaking the phasing lines by the way) back into the attic. I looked on the internet and found bendable aluminum rods at Hobby Lobby for a couple of bucks. Back in business. I now have every channel I want except for the elusive CBS (KIRO7) real channel 39 down south, 28 near me.
When I do get a channel scan to show the CBS channel, it shows great signal strength, but almost no signal quality.
My friend saw how many channels I got with my 37 dollar antenna that he asked to borrow it. I let him have it. Now he is hooked. This antenna thing gets contagious.
I need to get this CBS figured out before Thanksgiving. The football game I want to watch is on that channel this year. I have smoked 23 pounds turkeys the last two years in a row. I would like to make it three years in row. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Tvaddict17 is offline   Reply With Quote