View Single Post
Old 6-Feb-2015, 8:22 PM   #37
Pete Higgins

Hello Pete, My name is XXXX. I started the thread Antenna advise- Simi Valley. I was told by ADtech to follow some of your forms because my reception situation is similar to yours other than the transponders on the hillside you have to deal with.

What is your antenna setup for VHF and UHF and how many channels are you getting?
I live in Moreno Valley, just east of Riverside & north of March ARB. Currently I am running a Y10 7-13 (@ ~43’) for high VHF & two Solid Signal HDB8-X’s (~8” below it) for UHF. Like you, all my signals are 1 & 2-edge but my house is ~3.5 miles from Box Springs Mtn. so I’m not in nearly as deep of a shadow as you are. For UHF I have tried a single & dual 91XG’s, and a single & dual HDB8-X’s. At my location, the 91XG yagi (single or dual) does a better job of receiving channel 43 (CBS 2.1) than channel 36 (NBC 4.1). On the other hand, the 8-Bay’s do a better job with channel 36 @ the expense of channel 43.
See this thread, post 85
http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=13236

I have a y10713 with a DB4e. The DB4e is only pulling none English channels (about 20) and 5 English channels.
For a long time I thought the translator transistors must be bad in all these antennas because I have the same problem.

I than received a 91XG this week and will be installing it tomorrow. I also have an RCA preamp hooked up to UHF.
I have tried several different amplifier brands & multiple models of those brands and the RCA’s work best for me. They are also the cheapest! I currently have 4 in use.

I receive most channels 7-13 from Mt. Wilson with the Y10713.
I get channel 7 (always), 9 (usually), 11.1 (sometimes), 11.2 (usually –it’s broadcast on channel 13) and channel 13 (usually). I also get channel 8 & 10 (sometimes) from San Diego when I point my antenna 180 deg. (TRUE).

The thread Antenna advise- Simi Valley has more information about my situation.
I read the thread –start to post # 36.

Are there a lot of English channels broadcasted from Mt. Wilson?
Yes, major networks channel 43 = CBS, 36 = NBC, 7 = ABC, 9 KCAL, 11 = FOX, 13 KCOP = My, 38 = ION, several PBS channels and some of the sub-channels on the foreign language stations offer English programming.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Pete Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote