View Single Post
Old 26-Jan-2015, 7:29 AM   #26
GroundUrMast

The DB4E is smaller than the antenna(s) suggested in the first five or six reply to your original post. If you are aiming through a tree or other obstruction, even the larger antennas that were suggested are likely to have a great deal of trouble providing reliable reception. Still, if I was in your situation, I'd certainly try a DB8E or 91XG + a Y10713 combination.

Before you drill any holes in your roof, I strongly recommend that you prove reliable reception can occur at a proposed antenna location. If testing fails, you need to try an alternate location and/or height.

If you can't find any location/height that produces acceptable reception, you'll need to review your test results to determine if you have seen enough evidence to suggest that a larger antenna could reasonably hope to produce acceptable results. We'll be glad to help you make that assessment if that proves to be the case.

To answer your question, "...Is the DB4e just not working properly?" No, I don't think the DB4E is at fault... I think it's simply not the best antenna for your specific situation. (Please don't interpret this to be a negative comment re. the DB4E... I own one that I willingly paid full retail price for and have been very satisfied with. But my signal conditions are vastly different than those shown in your TVFR.)

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote