View Single Post
Old 13-Sep-2011, 1:59 PM   #3
Bobster

John, thanks for your input.
The antenna is on the roof of a single level house. It is pointed as LOS toward the broadcast towers. I actually used the TVFool map and a compass.

There are trees about 40 feet away which block the LOS but they extend across the back of the neighbors properties to the south and east so I can't move the antenna to get around them. They are very old and very tall so I'd probably need a 60 foot mast to get over them and I'm not ready for that.

The fact that there are so many strong signals is what completely perplexes me. I am using the brand new transformer that came with the RCA antenna and a brand new run of 50' RG6 coax. I do have a coupler to extend cable to a 25' run down to the TV and the amplified was added at the TV because of "stuttering" on channel 33 and no signal from 8. My reasoning was that the coupler would have less signal loss than an unneeded extra 25 feet of coax. You seem to suggest that I get a new 100' cable run (I don't have any 'known good cables') which will likely be my next course of action and try it without an amp. I don't look forward to spending time in the attic in the 100 degree heat!

I'd appreciate any other suggestions.
Bobster is offline   Reply With Quote