View Single Post
Old 8-Jul-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
Charles

Phone Man, thanks for your input.

I've never really paid much attention to DVR's so I'm a little off balance trying to figure out our needs. We have both of our tv's hooked up to our current Dish Network DVR and I was hoping that we could do the same when we completely cut the cord. Of course the price of a second DVR is less than four months of what we are paying for satellite.

I've looked at the Tivo, but it would certainly feel good to go with zero $$$ per month, at least for awhile. Two years ago we purchased a Ooma box and ditched our landline, our phone charges went from $40 per month down to $3.50 per month. There is a great feeling knowing that you don't have to the over inflated fees every month.

The CM DVR+ does not come with built in Wi-Fi, you must purchase separate USB adapter. Will any adapter work, or do you have to spend $40 a get it from them? They are actually offering it for free right now, or you can get free shipping. I would opt for the free shipping and then purchase the adapter elsewhere for half the price.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote