View Single Post
Old 6-Sep-2016, 3:39 PM   #10
billrr02

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsgarage View Post
The reason I like Winegard is the quality is unmatched and they are not manufactured in China. Also they are one of the only companies that offer a VHF HI/ UHF combo antenna.

The reason for the HD7698P is although it may be overkill, you don't want to get "underkilled" . Also if you do decide later you want further channels, you'll have no regrets.

Rabbit mentioned a preamp also. Lots of good ones out there. You will be golden with a combo like that antenna and a CM7778

I use the RCA PREAMP1 only because it is a combiner too, but the cool thing about it is if you unplug the wall wart, it still lets the signal through, good for diagnostics.
Sounds great! I remember reading somewhere else that Winegard quality was superior to ChannelMaster. It's good to see that it's confirmed here.

I am definitely leaning HD7698P without an amp. If that doesn't get all of my channels, I'd almost rather get the HD8200U and try that before getting an amp. Any thoughts on that? Or maybe just get the HD8200U and get it over with right away?

An amp is just one more point of failure that I'd like to avoid if at all possible.

For now, I just want to feed one TV. If I receive all channels without an amp, would I just need an active splitter to split the signal to more TVs? Or would a pre-amp be needed as well?
billrr02 is offline   Reply With Quote