View Single Post
Old 10-May-2020, 12:16 PM   #26
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davodavo View Post
I have a newer AntennaCraft beast (made just before RS went under) and I had the same issue with those "wings". All the info around made it clear that they should be parallel with the main boom ... but none of the diagrams or instructions indicated whether they should be pointed "forward" (reaching out over the UHF parasitic elements) or "backward" (reaching toward the mast and the enter of the reflectors.

After only about 45 minutes, I found a couple of pictures that show those little wings pointed forward, and found no pictures showing the other direction. So...either that's correct or "everyone gets it wrong"...now, including me.
Thanks Davodavo!

Well, it's interesting the amount of information that can be found if you're willing to dig. Different search words etcetera.

Thanks for providing that information., hopefully it'll help somebody in the future. As for my friend, he's streaming now. But he won't pay for her the channels he really wants. I tried to offer him several Solutions and didn't charge him any labor. I had to let that one go!
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote