View Single Post
Old 18-Apr-2019, 12:46 PM   #20
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Welcome back, good to see you're still working on this issue.

In your most recent post, you indicated that the antenna is installed "attached to the post where the LNB was located at the DirecTV Dish". That is a concern as it is not clear if the antenna is installed so that it is correctly oriented. If it was simply affixed to the LNB mounting arm with the included mast clamps, it would be impossible for the antenna to situated so it is vertical (with respect to the ground), it's correct orientation. However, if the dish were completely removed and the antenna attached to the now empty vertical mast section of the mount, then it is properly oriented.

All of your Houston major stations come from what is, from your location, exactly the same place. There should never be any need to do anything other than face the antenna towards the tower farm (164° true). If you are rotating the aim of the antenna some and getting different stations out of the main Houston assortment with different results, then that leads me to the conclusion that at least one one of three following things are amiss: 1) The antenna is incorrectly installed (see above), 2) The dish is causing undesired reflections back to the antenna, or 3) The direct signal path is blocked by physical objects and you're getting reception of signals that are diffracting around the signal path impairment.

If you are intending to use the dish mounting location, then it is imperative that you either get rid of the dish or that you extend the mast several feet above the dish so that it does not have the opportunity to wreak havoc on your TV signals. If Directv used one of those "stubby" roof mounts, you'll need to extend it.

If that location does not offer the best available line of sight towards Missouri City, then it is highly recommended that you relocate the antenna to a more appropriate location if one is available. The expected improvement in reception will likely make the extra effort very worthwhile.

As I cannot see your exact location or your installation, I can only draw inferences from what you've provided. The invitation extended previously to contact me directly is still open and is still recommended.

Your cable runs are very modest, no amplifier should be needed if you can get the antenna installed appropriately. Adding an amplifier at this point in the game is more likely than not the equivalent of putting a Band Aid on a serious injury.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 18-Apr-2019 at 12:50 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote