View Single Post
Old 10-Dec-2016, 5:03 PM   #2
Jake V

These questions are best asked in the "Help with Reception" forum.

My first question is about your attic. What type of roofing and siding materials do you have? Sometimes houses are wrapped in material which includes metal or metal foil. That blocks reception. As does stucco and aluminum siding. And some roofing materials. If this is the case you may need to put the antenna on the roof.

Your signals are strong. I would start off with an Antennas Direct Clearstream C2V. Aim it at about 185 degrees using a compass. Attics are not alwasy friendly places for television reception. You may need to try several places, so I would run a line from the antenna to a small television that you take up there as you try to find the best place. Sometimes a few inches up, down, left or right, makes all the difference. Generally speaking, for you I'd recommend something with a good view to the south.

You have several channels to your northeast. My Network TV an a second PBS. It is very possible that you might receive those channels off the back of the antenna. However, you my need to remove the reflector (you can drill out the rivets and reattach them with screws if necessary).

Do you have a standard 'rabbit ears with loop' antenna handy? Just to see where you are at I'd take it up to the attic with a little TV and aim the loop part south and auto-program to see what you get. It would be useful for planning.

As far as amplification, that depends on how far your cable runs are. Think through your cable runs. How far from the antenna to each of the five televisions? Are you planning to run five individual cables from the attic (one direct to each television)? Or are you planning to run a single length to the other side of the house and then split it closer to the televisions?
Jake V is offline   Reply With Quote