View Single Post
Old 11-Sep-2018, 5:46 PM   #8
corvairbob

Both channel 29s are low power stations, so the range is much less than full power stations. i guessed that but what is so strange is that other low poer stations further away never have issues.

Multipath in digital can not be seen as ghosting, it simply prevents any reception. i did not know that thanks

Mileage ranges on antennas is simply advertising puffery. You can’t design or troubleshoot a problem based on best-case reception. if that is so then why are they saying that on this site with the advertisers that has them for sale? i would hope that the sight would better police these sellers if they are selling items not what they are saying they do!

If you aim an antenna at either 29 WITHOUT another aimed at the second 29 and rescan, what happens? if i use the north antenna i get 13 17 29 and subs in the good range if i connect both the north and the south i get 13 17 29 35 54 all in the great range if i use the south antenna alone i get 13 29
35 54 in the good range and 17 not at all.

if that help you see what i'm up against. so with both antennas i get better reception and what is strange it 29 show in the tv signal strength in the 87% range but no picture and the others are in that range or a bit lower and good pictures.

sometime if i just have the south antenna connected i get 8 and 42 but they do not stay for the most part so i just don't count on those channels anymore.

thanks for the help
corvairbob is offline   Reply With Quote