Thread: hd stacker
View Single Post
Old 20-Dec-2011, 2:50 PM   #15
Billiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Guy View Post
How has your luck been with WHBF on channel 4? Do you know if the second KWWL channel 7 is actually on the air?

I would guess that channel 4 is not reliable and if KWWL-1 is on the air it won't work either. The FCC web site calls KWWL-1 a construction permit, not an operational station.

So, in order to get CBS you'll need KGAN on channel 51. Only the highest gain UHF antenna will work. A 91XG is one such option. Next you need a VHF high band antenna. This could be a Y10-7-13. The VHF antenna can be below the rotator and fixed aimed at 262°. Couple the two antennas before your preamp using a UVSJ.

Tower Guy's recommendation for picking up Ch. 51 is good. The 91XG and MXU59 from Antennacraft seem to be the best at picking up the higher UHF signals. I own both and have tested each one head to head on a variety of channels.

If you opt to go with a VHF only antenna then assuming that you will not need to pick up CH. 4, you should look to the Y10-7-13. It has more gain than the comparable Winegard model though it is still not on par with the all channel antennas I mentioned for VHF performance. Stacking two of these VHF only antennas may solve the problem. My Ch. 7 is virtually the same NM strength as yours and when I used the Y10-7-13 with a good pre amp I was able to get a viewable signal most of the time. Stacking two of these may be an option to consider or more height on your tower is a single antenna is the only option.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote