View Single Post
Old 29-Oct-2016, 6:40 PM   #3
hesaidno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
If your roof and walls do not have foil or any metal in their construction (i.e., aluminum siding, stucco siding, wrapping with metal in it) I would try the Antennas Direct C2V (available at many big box stores like Walmart and Best Buy) aimed at 123 degrees using a compass. Make sure there are no metal obstacles between the antenna and the outside wall and (hopefully) there is good general line of sight in the direction of 123 degrees (no buildings, trees, etc.).

As to your cable wiring, it should be reusable. You may need to trace the cables down and rework some of the splitters so that you are not splitting several times on the way to your televisions. Essentially, trial and error on that part. It's possible your signal source from cable was in the basement and then split in the attic. If so, you will likely need to reconfigure your "in" and "out" ports on the splitter to send the signal in the right direction.
Thanks for the recommendation. That one is a little more expensive than the others I've seen by RCA or other brands, but I don't mind paying extra is if it's actually better. My attic is nothing but insulation and wood, so that's great.

I agree, but the problem is, we don't have a basement. Outside the house, there is only one place where Comcast's internet comes from. The wire is buried until it reaches the side of the garage, where it connects to some box and that box's wire (I can see from inside of the garage's roof) that the wire just goes to the attic directly.
hesaidno is offline   Reply With Quote