View Single Post
Old 2-Jun-2012, 3:37 AM   #7
morrison0880

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
The new report is dramatically better, particularly regarding your prospects for reliable Chicago reception.

The Antennas Direct Clear Stream antennas are excellent UHF antennas. However, you have both UHF and VHF signals available. So Winegard's combo product is a better solution in your situation.

Because the new report is so different facing south, I'd recommend a very large all channel antenna such as the Winegard HD8200U, paired with the Antennas Direct CPA-19 preamp. It's not unreasonable to expect to see the signal from WOCK, real CH-4 if you try for it.

I still think the 7015 is a good option pointed toward Milwaukee, no amplifier needed on that antenna.

Unless you want to spend thousands of $'s on Cable TV head-end equipment, and test gear, wire the two antenna systems separately. Combining the two antennas into a common coax will give you far fewer reliable signals due to several forms of interference.

Your particular location probably has more OTA signals available than any other location in the country... or the world for that matter. (Envy!)
GroundUrMast, thank you so much! You've been incredibly helpful to me. I'm going to take your advice and give it a whirl. I'm sure I'll be back here before long explaining what I f'd up, but I'm leaving tonight with much, much more information than I did when I started. Thanks again, talk to you soon!
morrison0880 is offline   Reply With Quote