View Single Post
Old 20-Jun-2012, 6:07 AM   #23
Blackbeen

Post CPA-19 install in present antenna location, very little change, channel 7 (Detroit) seemed a bit more stable, 4 pixelation dropouts in an hour during daytime viewing but its hard to tell, it may just be a stable day. Nighttime, about the same as usual, again, but no ION & 4 (Detroit) is detected but unstable at about 9PM, so far definitely not worth the 60 bucks + I had to open up the plastic head before mounting to tighten one of the screws mounting the amp to the head that was externally loose (quality control anyone?) I didn't even bother to hook up the attenuator, I don't think its needed.
The rotor seems ok but I was afraid it was DOA when it failed to test synchronize, it ended up that one of the included batteries was dead, first time this has happened in many years of buying electronics (more quality control anyone???) + the command sticker for the back of the remote was near impossible remove from the adhesive sheet, I nearly had to rip the paper in half to get it off, but at least the rotor itself seems to be in good working order. I will find out tomorrow if the overall $500 investment was worth it when all is up on the roof. I'm just really worried that at some point the preamp will blow costing me (at least) a $100 for a service call, I kinda though that if the preamp was off (unplugged/failed) that the signal would just go through but just not amped but I see this is not the case & if this happens I receive nothing.
Blackbeen is offline   Reply With Quote