Thread: Changing SNR
View Single Post
Old 28-Aug-2012, 6:02 PM   #9
dssturk

Thanks teleview, groundurmat and adtech for your help and advice. The preamp with only 1 tv and no diplexors was out f the question for 2 reasons. I need all my stuff connected and It wasn't I was not getting these channels but the sudden drop out. They all played most of the time clearly but every now an then would drop from 80% to 29% and right back..My weakest channel Fox 56 uhf 45 had the lowest signal @ 72 to 75 % but played with less distortion than wnep @ uhf 50. So I disconnected everything and tweeked the antenna pointing coming up with 78% on Fox 56 but losing 2% on wnep. Even thought I lost 2% it played better...less pixelation and freezing....a lot less. wyou also lost signal but just a small amount. I'm re pointed to the far left of center. It took about 3 hrs moving the antenna 1/4 " on the mast about an " on the element. Also when I added the diplexors back in I checked at every step and ended up replacing the Turk's with RCA's and saving more DB's. Now with everything in place including the cheap arse ratshack slpitter I have steady signal for now. Further testing is needed but I beleive at this point a powered distibution module will be good. CM makes a 4 port with 8db gain that should work...Thnaks again for your feed back.
dssturk is offline   Reply With Quote