View Single Post
Old 10-Jul-2011, 7:11 AM   #3
GroundUrMast

The Stacker lists for $129... That seems to be reason enough to remove it from your list of contenders. I can't recommend it, nor can I recommend against it. I have yet to find any credible information that tells me how much gain it offers. I've read that it is manufactured by Winegard to Denny's specs. And it looks like a modified HD769X series Winegard which is a well built and well documented piece of equipment. I'd love to see test range or computer simulation results from a credible source. Until then...

The Antennacraft products are documented credibly. http://www.antennacraft.net/pdfs/HBU33_.pdf for example. The 7 and a half dB of gain of the HBU-33 in an attic that attenuates signals 20 dB would deliver reception of all the 'green' and some 'yellow' stations shown on your TVFR. No amplifier needed for one or two sets, but a distribution amp such as the PCT-MA2-8P would offer the gain needed to split to many sets.

Attics may attenuate more or less than 20 dB, YMMV. The HBU series antennas are a bit easier to fold back down (than a similar Winegard) if they fail in the attic. This makes it easier to move the antenna outside if it is necessary.

I don't know why you are limited to attic mounting so FWIW, The FCC takes your side, protecting your right to install an antenna on your property or the area you rent. http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

If we were neighbors, you would likely see a Winegard HD7694P on my roof. ($57.71 at Amazon + free shipping)

(CH-10 is so powerful that it would likely come in the back corner anyway)

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 10-Jul-2011 at 7:39 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote