View Single Post
Old 21-Feb-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
rew

channel 7 reception and other stations

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtownsend View Post
Can you post a link to your TV Fool report?

It just seems unlikely that you'd pick up a VHF channel (WTRF is on channel 7) with a Channel Master 4228 (a UHF-only antenna) from 88 miles away.

It may be possible that you are picking up a signal from a repeater that is closer to you or on a UHF channel. The signal might be using virtual channel mapping to show up as channel 7.1 even though the real broadcast might be on a different channel. If your TV can tell you the real RF channel that you are watching, that might help us identify the transmitter that is giving you this signal.

If there really is a local transmitter on channel 7, then this investigation might help identify which one it is.
rew

Yes i get channel 7 from Wheeling every day. Just yesterday when the weather was clearing ahead of the approaching storm I was getting all the Pittsburgh stations which i normally only get half of them along with all the stations in Youngstown,Akron,Canton, and even Cleveland. I was getting a stronger signal from Cleveland channel 5 from maybe 200-miles than from Johnstown-30 miles away! The height of my antenna also greatly determines the distance of stations i can receive. I have my antenna pointed at Pittsburgh and i pick up Wheeling from the left and Johnstown from the right side of some taller than my antenna pine trees 100-feet in front of my antenna. Do you know of any repeater that can do this? Or is it just the weather?
rew is offline   Reply With Quote