Thread: Picture quality
View Single Post
Old 21-May-2017, 11:59 PM   #5
harold

Hi JoeAZ,
Really appreciate your response. If I understand correctly Leave antenna pointed at 300 for OKC and Altus channels. The Altus tower only has K32IC and K43KS. Both are Wichita Falls channels. KJTL, the Fox network is 15 in Grandfield OK, translated from Altus as K32IC, from Hollis as K20JB. K43KS from Altus and 28 KFDX from Wichita Falls is NBC. The K19AA is also Altus but a different tower that is PBS translated from channel 8 in Cheyenne Ok. Then the Hollis is my main concern. K20JB from Hollis isn't a channel in my TIVO channel list. The K18IZ is PBS and to weak to pick up from the Grandfield tower.
I'm rambling here, sorry.
If I point my lower antenna at Altus and skip the booster, to get the three K32IC Fox, K19AA PBS. and K43KS NBC. I don't know what those other channels listed are. A couple are sub channels from K34JJ in Hollis and K25JO is supposed to be same as K43KS. The K25JO shows a very strong signal but no picture or audio. The others have a No video Icon.
Hollis I wish to get K34JJ CBS, K35KE NBC, K18HX ABC, K44IW FOX, K47LS IND. So point top Antenna at Hollis with booster. In this scenario I'm combining the two antennas after the booster.
Your description is run two RG6 cables from both antennas to each tvs? If I bring two cables to the TIVO, I can only connect one at the time so I would be connecting and disconnecting each time I wish to record.
The channel 22 KAUZ is CBS, and K34JJ is CBS. 22 is Wichita Falls and 34 is OKC. On Sundays during Football season I would like to record both. K32IC, Fox Wichita Falls, K44IW also Fox in OKC and I would like to record on Sundays. About the only thing I record on channel 11 is local news. I can get it with an antenna pointed at Altus. 22 CBS I receive live by internet. That is the only channel I pointed to Wichita Falls for.
I see a problem with the two 18 if I use both pointed to Hollis and Wichita Falls. Take away Wichita and I should get rid of the conflict from 18 in Grandfield. The CBS is also translated on K29FR at 225 degrees with NM of -2.0. The VHF 11 is also translated from that tower K31HC, NM -2.2. Actually all the Wichita Falls channels are translated from that tower at 225 degrees. I don't think I could get anything from there with any consistency.
harold is offline   Reply With Quote