View Single Post
Old 16-May-2012, 9:35 PM   #9
gossamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by signals unlimited View Post
If you have the antenna aimed correctly and you have a good 7 and a bad 44, there may be either an interferrence on 44 or a UHF problem. If all of your UHF channels (14-51) are ok Then it must be interferrence. You may be able to tune this out, but it is difficult with a fixed antenna. I would concider installing a rotor, then and only then you can make these adjustments while monitoring. Rotors are unpopular on this site, but not with me. I use them on all of my installations to correct problems like yours and to be able to tune in all of the channels that are in reach. The Aspen Eagel rotor can be installed using your existing coax. I
I just went back on the roof and rotated it to the southwest direction (probably 190 or 200) instead of the southeast direction (156 to 170), and RF44 and RF7 are now MUCH better.

Any explanation why that would be the case?

There's still a little dropout with RF44 that I might try to adjust, but signal strength for RF33 (WCBS channel 2.1) is about 75%.

All of the channels are all less than 20miles away, so I would think anything in the general direction of the signal would be sufficient. Is it possible either the graph or chart are wrong?

NYC, where these broadcasts are located are certainly southeast, so I don't know...

I hate to say I'm reading the compass backwards, but I suppose that's possible too, even though I matched it up with a printout of the tvfool graph.

Thanks,
Dave
gossamer is offline   Reply With Quote