View Single Post
Old 27-Dec-2011, 3:00 AM   #25
GroundUrMast

Mileage estimates are an unscientific method for marketing and sales to explain their product to customers who lack an understanding of the more precise gain figures provided by more reputable antenna manufactures.

TV Fool provides information regarding your predicted reception conditions that just a few years ago would have required the expertise and expense of a consulting engineering firm to obtain.

Using the predicted values from your TVFR, we can use the gain specifications of reputable antenna vendors to far more accurately match your conditions with the right antenna vs. using crude marketing mileage estimates.

I believe your best hope for reliable UHF reception is an XG91. IMO, reliable reception of real channel 4 will require more gain than any available consumer grade antenna can provide, but if you want to try, an HD8200U would be the best available option. For reception of real channel 7 and 9 I would use an Antennacraft Y-10713, it lends itself to stacking better than the YA1713 by Winegard. If needed, a second Y-10713 could be added to improve reception.

If you need to make this a single combination antenna installation, I would recommend the HD7698P.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 27-Dec-2011 at 3:13 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote