View Single Post
Old 20-Feb-2014, 5:06 PM   #10
albertsauer

Here are some photos of my roof top antenna with a grounding wire in the attic. The copper wire at the base of the antenna mast attaches to the copper vent tube that runs to the roof through the attic (in a 55 year old house). Check to ensure that the vent tube is firmly grounded before connecting the wire. I found that a firm grounding of antenna mast gave a better reception as well. The black coaxial cable runs through the center of the mast to the TV connection downstairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakattk View Post
I want to cut the cord and put a antenna in my attic. I have read many mixed opinions on grounding in the attic, so I have decided to ground just to be safe side. I have no idea how to ground it though. My house ground rod is not to far from where the antenna will go, but the copper will have to go out and down one side of my house. I plan to tie the coax into the existing cable already ran in my home for cable TV. This cable comes into the house fed from a grounded splitter outside, so I assume that make the coax already grounded? I need any suggestions or anything that can help me know what to do and how to ground my antenna.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0805.JPG (119.5 KB, 3872 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0804.JPG (112.5 KB, 2958 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0807.JPG (113.1 KB, 2084 views)
albertsauer is offline   Reply With Quote