View Single Post
Old 4-Oct-2016, 9:50 PM   #10
Tigerbangs
TV Reception Maven

Send a message via AIM to Tigerbangs Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerbangs
When the digital era was just starting, back in 2007-2008, I was living in a high-rise in New London, about 3 miles west, across the river from your daughter, I was on the 8th floor, facing Northeast, on a hill high overlooking Downtown New London. I had bought a new LG plasma with an ATSC tuner, and really wanted to avoid cable and its costs if I could.

Having grown up just a couple of miles away, I remembered the big Channel Master Crossfire 3610 with an Alliance U100 rotator and a Channel Master 0021 preamp that we had. I remember that, with all that hardware on the roof, we got WTNH pretty well, and WFSB ok, depending on the weather. Our NBC came from Providence on Channel 10, and was usually snowy. We also got WTEV-WLNE, the ABC station out of New Bedford, and WPRI, CBS, from Providence also came in, but too snowy to enjoy most of the time. No UHF at the time: NO such thing as FOX, and NBC was on WHNB from Hartford, but was too weak to reach Waterford.

I got myself an AntennasDirect 91XG, and aimed it out the window, hoping for any glimpse of a signal. I crossed my fingers using the 91XG, and tried it in just about every corner of my apartment, and you know what I got? 4 channels of WHPX, and 4 channels of WPXQ, and 4 channels of WEDN from Norwich. No major networks of any kind.

Moral to the story: where she is, it's a roof-antenna, which can be iffy, cable or satellite in S.E.CT
Tigerbangs is offline   Reply With Quote