View Single Post
Old 4-Feb-2018, 2:31 PM   #10
Shareit4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
The picture shows a UHF antenna for real channels 14-51, and an antenna for VHF-High, real channels 7-13. His antennas do not cover VHF-Low, real channels 2-6.

You have WLBZ on real channel 2, so you need an antenna that covers VHF-Low.

It is the real channel number that determines what antenna is needed.

VHF-Low, real channels 2-6
VHF-High, real channels 7-13
UHF, real channels 14-51

The virtual channel number (like 5.1) is a holdover from the analog TV days to maintain the identity of the station, and is what the TV displays.

The photo shows how someone else mounted his antennas in a tree. It doesn't mean that you must do exactly what he did. His channels are different, so he needed different antennas.

The smaller and less expensive Channel Master 3018 that JoeAZ mentioned does also cover channel 2, but it is a medium gain antenna. I only listed the highest gain antennas for channel 2. I don't really know if it has enough gain for your channel 2; there are so many variables involved.

The antennas that I listed receive all three TV bands, VHF-Low, VHF-High, and UHF.

The Winegard 8200U has the most gain, but it is the most expensive. The less expensive Solid Signal HD8200XL copy of the Winegard 8200U might do just as well, but I have no personal experience with it.
Just a follow up question,
Is there any adapter that I could purchase that would help with the gain issue other than the adapter I already have which is this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Shareit4life is offline   Reply With Quote