View Single Post
Old 20-Jul-2016, 6:32 PM   #11
analogqueen

I too am in Phoenix and we get a LOT of multipath interference. If a helicopter or small plane goes by... there goes the picture. As I posted today on another thread, one channel went out completely and I spotted a sparrow perched on the horizontal arm of the VHF portion of the antenna. Mine is also 30ft high just like the OP's.

PS- off topic, but about a month ago I turned on TV to no picture- went outside to check antenna and it was GONE- turns out, the manager of the HOA in this gulag- er, "condo complex" took it upon himself to use his man-lift operator to REMOVE my antenna about a month ago, no note, no nothing- no warning! Can you imagine?? I marched right down steaming mad, manager put on fake smile, said he's trying to "improve" the looks of this sh__hole. I advised him of the OTARD federal law, etc- he gets nervous and says oh oh we'll work with you! How bout we put it on the roof?? I got my antenna back, waited a week to cool off - and I have it right back up where it was. I A) should have called the police at first (this is a note to anyone else this happens to- don't hesitate, call the police, don't let the police wave you off, this is burglary and trespass, demand the report be taken as it stands) and B) the fact I am renting, if a landlord removes ANY property from YOUR area (a balcony IS a private area) you are entitled to TWO MONTHS rent in punitive damages, this is Arizona tenant/landlord law I believe in pg 16 of the law pdf)

I was dumb to be "cool" about it and not "make waves". Demand your rights, if you are a renter do NOT! let landlords or whomever dictate how, what, why and where your antenna is- as long as it is not installed on their wall, put it on your own stand or what have you- they have zero say in it. You can install a small dish, any kind of TV antenna and they can't tell you where to put it, or anything- they can recommend where to place it, but if you go along with them they can't make you have to hire an installer, or go up on a hot 120F roof, or make you install it someplace where you get LESS reception.

Anyway, off topic I know, but it might help someone else along the way.
analogqueen is offline   Reply With Quote