View Single Post
Old 11-Nov-2016, 11:42 PM   #11
aross6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIRELESS ENGINEER View Post
If you live down in Barton, you will be lucky to get 7
I would suggest taking a vhf high band yagi and putting it up on the hillside as far as you can get it
I live on Barton road and I know even two way radios for police and fire don't work well in Barton
I put up a Channel master 8 bay bowtie and I get vhf channels 7, 9, 11, and 13 and get 49 channels total but I'm on TOP of the hill outside Barton
Rabbit73 is right in the money
I DO live down in Barton... right past the Fireman's Field. I get WTOV9 (9.1, 9.2, & 9.3) with a signal strength of 75 and WTRF7 (7.1, 7.2, 7.3, & 7.4) with a signal strength of 85. Had to turn my Yagi sideways to get WTOV9 to come in but that did the trick. If you're up on Barton Road just PM me sometime and I'd be happy to show you my setup. When it rained pretty good the other night (election night) I did experience some signal loss on WTOV9... I'm thinking of picking up a ClearStream Juice preamp to mount up on the antenna mast and hopefully that'll help with signal loss situations like the one I just described. The preamp I have now is inside the house so there's a good 35-40 feet of coax between it and the antenna. On a clear day/night it's perfect though!
aross6 is offline   Reply With Quote