Thread: Attic Rig
View Single Post
Old 17-Nov-2017, 4:23 PM   #1
William P

Attic Rig

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...60edaecb1027c6

I get zero reception from indoor antennas due to metal foil on the sheetrock.
For the hurricane I installed a not too big attic abtenna It is an old school aluminum tubing style.. I chose it because of the large number of close by TV towers, and no ground starp required.During the hurricane it worked perfectly. Due to the close TV towers to the south, and the large number of Spanish channels there I pointed it north to pull in extra stations.
After the hurricane was over they opened up the airport. I'm a couple miles west of the airport and under the glide slope for landing on most days. Planes come in to Ft lauderdale Hollywood International about every 10 minutes ( no they don't align themselves with the commercial breaks). This results in total loss of signal. i do have the bigger GE antenna but it says it needs a ground. and I'm not sure a more sensitive antenna is the solution. I have plenty of stations to watch. I would be very happy with this except for the aircraft issue.
Wouls an aluminum shield, or screen above the antenna disperse the interference, or is the whole signal scarmbled and that's it?

Last edited by William P; 17-Nov-2017 at 4:34 PM.
William P is offline   Reply With Quote