View Single Post
Old 13-Jun-2012, 5:22 PM   #1
johloh

Help getting channels in 97526

I've tried 4 different antennas now and can't get half the channels I think I should be picking up... I'm not the type to normally ask for help but this is driving me crazy, and I cant figure out a solution... hopefully the knowledgeable people on these forums can help me out... I'm only looking to pick up the green stations listed on tv fool, I'm not greedy.

TV FOOL link
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1349dd2a393117

First Try - OLD Rabbit Ears with a loop. passive.

Second Try - Fractal Antenna (built by me)

Third Try - Coat Hanger Antenna (DB4 style) (built by me)

Fourth Try - Walmart multidirectional amplified antenna

All of these gave approximately the same results...I would guess the walmart was the worst one.

Here are my numbers off the walmart antenna...
Channel 49 - 42%
Channel 15 - 64%
Channel 44 - 42%
Channel 30 - 40%
Channel 19 - 70%
Channel 22, 47, 2, 5, 8, 4, 25, 38, 12 - 0%

With my DB4 coat hanger I picked up 15(abc), 44(fox), 19(pbs) all without pixelation, but I didnt check signal strengths. I could pick up channel 5 on occasion but it broke up quite a bit.

When I plugged the antennas into my old TV (analog) we only picked up 2 stations regardless of which antenna was used. 50 and 47. 47 was really clear, 50 was a bit staticy but still clear.

You'll notice almost all the analog channels are in the same location, about 1.6 miles away, I can actually see the stations up on a hill, and went as far as to pull my tv out on the front lawn, point the DB4 antenna directly at the station and still only got 50 and 47, and not any clearer than inside the house.

Any suggestions?? It seems like we have a ton of stations really close to us and after reading lots of posts where people are fighting to pick up stations 40+ miles away, that this should be easy... I think I must be missing something obvious here.

thanks!

Last edited by johloh; 13-Jun-2012 at 5:25 PM.
johloh is offline   Reply With Quote