View Single Post
Old 29-Nov-2011, 9:54 PM   #18
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffj318 View Post
Looks like these antenna go about 30 miles. We are about 50 miles from either Baltimore or Philly. Roof top probably okay for Philly due to weather forecasts being more like where we live. How do I find someone to mount the antenna and guide the wire to the TV on the lower level? Could I use the same location the dish is now and guide the wire through the same location? Only using one TV. Will need CBS and NBC as well as Fox Network. Would this work .... http://www.amazon.com/Antennas-Direc...pr_product_top
The C5 is a high-VHF antenna. It's UHF performance is not up to the task in your situation.

Connecting with an Installer, Generally, the satellite system coax can be reused to distribute the OTA signals.

If we were neighbors, your wife might not like the antenna(s) on my roof. I would take full advantage of the FCC OTARD rules and mount a tripod with a 10' mast section to place an antenna at 12' above the highest point of my house. I would use either a Winegard HD7698P or a combination of an Antennas Direct XG91 and a 10 element high VHF Yagi.

The signal conditions are dictating what will work, not our preferences. The smaller antennas suggested up to this point are reasonable attempts at a compromise between reliable reception and your (valid... it's your home) esthetic constraints. There is little room (IMO) for much compromise before you will be very frustrated with the results. You are in a 'fringe' to 'deep fringe' setting.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote