View Single Post
Old 28-Mar-2017, 2:27 PM   #1
blu

Antenna recommendation for a new house

Hi all! My husband and I are in the process of building a new house out in the country, and we could really use your help! We are going to be a lot further away from the transmitters than we currently are, so I doubt our existing antenna will work. We'd like to get a better antenna for the new house, but I have no idea what to look for.

Report is [here]

The channels we need to get are:
KLRN - 145 deg
KSAT - 141 deg
KABB - 141 deg
KENS - 141 deg
WOAI - 141 deg

All of the channels we need are in the "yellow" range, but our house will have a metal roof, so I'm unsure if an attic antenna would work. Another thought is to have the builder build us a "dormer" on top of the roof, that looks decorative but can also hide our antenna inside of it. I'd like to get an idea of the size of antenna we're going to end up with so we can investigate that option.

So, a few qusetions for you experts:

1: Could you please recommend an antenna for us?
2: Do you think any type of amplifier/booster would be needed, or any additional equipment?
3: How high up do you think we need to mount the antenna?
4: Any chance we'll be able to make attic-mount work, or will it need to go on the roof?
5: Do trees have an impact on the signal we will receive? There are a good amount of oak trees around us.
6: Since all our needed channels are in the same direction, I don't see a reason to make the antenna motorized/rotating. Do you?

Thank you all so much - I really appreicate any help!
blu is offline   Reply With Quote