View Single Post
Old 16-Sep-2017, 2:52 AM   #9
Dagwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
Here is the Winegard troubleshooting video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNPb1XNBQSI

Check the voltage now while it is working. If it goes out again, see if the red LED is ON or OFF.
Okay, transformer measures 29 V. and the "Ant" connection on the power inverter measures 16 V., both okay according to the video.

Everything has been working fine since last weekend, so I guess all I can do now is wait until it doesn't.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT:
Quote:
I can't be any more specific because I don't know what your antenna looks like and I don't know what kind of signals you have because you haven't given us a tvfool signal report for your location. You can do a report here:
Actually, I did that but it didn't "stick" for whatever reason. I will do it again.

Here is the link they said to post.

FWIW: Here is what I really have:

I live in a hole, with a hill between me and the transmitters. If these signals only go in a straight line (as I've read) then I am only getting them because they are bouncing off one of the other hills.

NBC, ABC, PBS always come in fine. CBS is normally fine, but if the antenna isn't aimed exactly it can be dicey, depending on the weather.

I only get FOX from around September/October until April/May. It is like this every year, and was the same even before 2009 when it was analog. I assume it has something to do with the atmospheric changes as the seasons change. It does not correspond with the leaves being on or off the trees.

Last edited by Dagwood; 16-Sep-2017 at 4:23 AM.
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote