Thread: Changing SNR
View Single Post
Old 27-Aug-2012, 10:30 PM   #6
dssturk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
Is the diplexer for satellite system integration or another OTA antenna? What's the make/model of the diplexer?

How well does the system operate when only one TV is connected, with no diplexer or splitter in the cable run?

Experimentation with antenna location & aim would be the next logical step.
The diplexors are Turk ref # BDS-p1. They are used to combine and split ATCS and Satellite signal.
When I connect the OTA antenna directly without the diplexor I get about 1 db more which equates to 1% signal on my Sony Bravio TV signal meter.
When I put the 4 way splitter in it drop down about 4 Dbs more and the second diplerxor gets it down a total of about 8 db making 56 (wolf-fox) unreceivable at 72% on the Sony meter and my sat receivers.

The antenna was pointed using information here and a protable TV. I do however have some concerns. My report says 2 edge transmitter which I'm told don't point at the transmitter point to the right or left. I'm pointed right at the transmitter b/c if I go 5 degrees left or right my signal fails all together.

This antenna is 30% smaller than the Ratshack I had at 120" boom. It was also on the front porch roof and pointed in a different direction for best signa. (about 30 degrees) The new antenna is on the back second floor fire escape with 10' mast so antenna is at the third floor level. I'm using RG6 cable about 70 to 80 feet. Any help would be good.
dssturk is offline   Reply With Quote