View Single Post
Old 14-Apr-2019, 2:26 PM   #31
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb4 View Post
I know this is more complicated and costly than it needs to be but would a setup something like this have a chance of working ?

https://imgur.com/tpRBcPm
The chance of it working is poor but not impossible. It's just another way of combining two UHF antennas aimed in different directions, which doesn't always work. To satisfy your own curiosity, you should try it; you will not be happy until you do.
Quote:
If I did set up a repeater similar to this would both of the antennas have to be identical ?
No
Quote:
Is there a certain length of connecting coax to use? and if amp needed would length of coax from receiving repeater need to be same as transmitting repeater?
Coax lengths not critical. If you use an amp for the transmitting antenna, you would have an unlicensed repeater that isn't legal.
Quote:
Would the signal from the other stations closer to that direction cause a ghosting effect and interfere with reception on this channels or just the strongest signal win out so to speak or would I have to filter out those channels?
It's an interesting idea, but the results of this method of combining are difficult to predict. Custom filters would make it even more complicated.

Quote:
On somewhat unrelated topic for different location at hunting cabin I have a Winegard 8200 for real channel 5 and 13 VHF low and high band and a different antenna for UHF with amp for another market direction that requires an amp utilizing a/b switch. I was considering the channel master CM778HD amplifier to both amplify and combine these two antennas where I now have amp on uhf only and could use some amp on VHF and could use the other coax line and that amp at home. There are no strong signals in the area or either direction to overdrive an amp.
That might work, but I haven't seen the TVFool signal report.
Quote:
So since I don't trust the RCA TVPRAMP with the uhf and vhf inputs does anyone have experience with the CM778HD ? Good? Bad/ Indifferent?
I don't trust the RCA TVPRAMP1R either. I bought two new ones in sealed boxes and they both failed; poor quality control. I haven't tried the CM7778HD, but the specs look promising. Have you tried a replacing the A/B switch with a UVSJ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kb4TVFrepeater_1.jpg (159.0 KB, 1351 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 14-Apr-2019 at 2:28 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote