View Single Post
Old 28-Jun-2017, 7:21 PM   #67
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgagne99 View Post
While I was waiting for the RCA TVPRAMP1Z and Antennas Direct mast-mount UVSJ to arrive, I tried another UVSJ that I remembered I had purchased a while back on Amazon- a Blonder-Tongue ZHLSJ. It showed the same wacky UHF attenuation that the MCM 33-2230 did. I was now suspicious that something else in my setup was at play. However, when I plugged in the Antennas Direct UVSJ, it worked swimmingly. No UHF or VHF attenuation! Additionally, the RCA TVPRAMP1Z, with its separate UHF and VHF inputs, worked great as well! Maybe MCM is using Blonder-Tongue components in their parts (or vice-versa) I don't know, but in any case, they both appeared to be defective.
A HLSJ is not the same as a UVSJ. A UVSJ passes UHF and blocks VHF-High and VHF-Low on the high port; it passes VHF-High and VHF-Low on the low port. A HLSJ passes VHF-Low and blocks VHF-High and UHF on the low port; it passes VHF-High and UHF on the high port.

IOW, the crossover for a UVSJ is between VHF-High and UHF; the crossover for a HLSJ is between VHF-Low and VHF-High.

Glad to hear that the AD UVSJ is working well for you.
Quote:
Question: What separation distance should I try (to start with) for vertical or horizontal stacking of two HDB91X antennas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HollandHLSJFreqResp2.JPG (69.6 KB, 1573 views)
File Type: jpg Antenna Spacing Chart2.JPG (112.3 KB, 1599 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 28-Jun-2017 at 8:43 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote