View Single Post
Old 29-Sep-2013, 1:53 AM   #3
villaFool

Original poster here. I answered part of my question already. I climbed up on my roof today and tacked my Mohu antenna to a high point of the roofline that is above the rooflines of all the houses on my street. So I had a clear line of sight facing north (which is where all the towers are). I plugged in a laptop with a ATSC tuner in it, did a scan, and presto -- all major stations (fox, abc, cbs, nbc) came in with a clear picture and no stuttering. Other stations were also much improved vs. when the antenna was mounted in my living room.

I still haven't done my garage loft test with the Mohu antenna. But I don't have very much confidence that will work since it may have just as many obstacles as my living room -- my walls then my neighbor's walls/roofs. So if I need to mount an antenna outside, is it safe to just attach the Mohu antenna against the side of my house under the overhang of my roof? Or do I risk bad things (fire, surges, etc.) exposing an amplified indoor antenna to the elements?
villaFool is offline   Reply With Quote