Old 23-May-2017, 5:57 PM   #9
rickbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAZ View Post
You'll also notice that some of the people
on this forum who could help or comment won't, only
because you don't need an antenna they want to sell
you.........
I have not found that to be the case at all. Most of the people here are not affiliated with any company. Some of the most knowledgeable people here are retired RF engineers with nothing to gain from pushing products to anyone. No one has ever said "go buy this because I get something from selling it" that I can recall. I doubt that the forum would tolerate such behavior. I make my own antennas, so they can't sell me anything and still I get plenty of help from everyone here.

Harold;

Combining antennas is a hit or miss deal. Not easy and sometimes it's just a matter of luck when it does work.

Start with just one antenna, no amp, a single TV with as short a cable run as possible, aim the antenna at your best direction at a good signal. This will give you a chance to see what can be done at your location. I've gotten on the roof with a small 25" LCD TV and 10 feet of cable to aim antennas. Beats the heck out of going up and down the ladder and in and out of the living room a few hundred times to nail down a good location/direction.

Trees are big issues with UHF especially, moving the antenna left, right, up and down just a few feet can sometimes make huge differences in reception quality.
rickbb is offline   Reply With Quote