Thread: Picture quality
View Single Post
Old 22-May-2017, 6:39 PM   #7
harold

Thanks again JoeAZ,

I'm a new cord cutter and just cut DTV. With DTV I received local channels from Wichita, and Lawton. I had an AM21 with one antenna pointed at Hollis. Couldn't really count on the channels to be very dependable for OKC. Started with wineguard 8200 VHF/UHF. Then found with digital most networks went UHF. I thought 3/ NBC ( real 22 ) was 3 VHF. I traded out the 8200 for a long HDB91X. With the one pointed to Hollis I received the PBS perfect from Altus, and had the Sunday ticket for football.
About a year ago I got a ROKU. Netflix, Amazon Prime, and the OKC channels were pretty consistent, I found PS Vue has all but local channels I watch. Well as previous mentioned PS Vue does have the Wichita Falls CBS. Only live with no way to record. To cut DTV I needed to have something to record. Researched the TABLO, TIVO, and decided on the TIVO Roamio OTA. Might have been a bad decision. Since I was going to be saving about 100.00 a month spend now and save later. Might be questionable.
Got with the local cable guy cut all new cables bought new HDB91X antenna, combiner used from DTV, pointed both antennas according to tvfool.
Well system is up and not working the way I Thought. Big learning curve. There are no antenna people around here so I'm getting educated by bad experience.
Guess I could have used some of DTV cables but wanted to get rid of a lot of extra cable and all new was pretty easy. Now I would have to get help to remove antennas and would be more difficult to run a new then it was to replace the old with new.
A Solid Signal supposed to be antenna pro says my booster may be to strong. I don't remember at the moment, but my antenna gain and the tower signal combined from Hollis should be around NM 30. Although not pointed directly at Altus with less then ten miles with LOS the three channels I'm trying to get should be strong also.
Before putting up the second antenna I was also getting the high VHF 11 channel from the back side, but didn't check very often because I was getting it with DTV..
With the AM21 I only recorded a few programs mostly the sub channels, me tv and antv. During bad weather we would watch the antenna channels, OKC Fox sub is weather channel, Lawton ABC (11) is considered our local for weather, Although OKC (34), (35) NBC,CBS have better coverage with storm spotters.
If I can find some help I think Ill point the top at the 225 degrees and bottom at 300. Run a channel scan see what the TIVO will do and just cable to second tv.
I'll let you know what the results are. May have to change some of my setup. Now I have the combiner and booster between the two antennas.
harold is offline   Reply With Quote