View Single Post
Old 11-Jul-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
kringle

I want to be ready for some Football!

Please help, in the Chicago region there is always one question and that is how can I get CBS (WBBM) Chicago on my ota TV. The Chicago Bears are on NBC, Fox and CBS. ABC 7 (WLS-tv) is important too. So my cords were cut and I need a working antenna.

I don't know what the difference is between WBBM-DT (33.1 NM(db)) & WBBM-TV (Edge2). Which one is the main network?

Here's the sitch:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...7b4c623cc96919

I previously had an ebay bought cheapy HD antenna mounted above my chimney and that kicked butt. I don't remember if I could get CBS (WBBM) Chicago but it was on a rotator and I could pull in Rockford, Peoria and Gary. Many of which are suppose to be Tropo from my location. I think I even tried for Milwaukee. It was a simple device with two hoops that almost looked like an 8 in front of a bit of fence (reflector). It's dead from weather related failure. I will not be reusing the prior antenna's wiring, rotator or amp.

Now the trees behind the house have grown up some more and filled out. I don't know if trying for those other cities would even work from my roof but the site line towards the City of Chicago is still wide open. And NBC, Fox and CBS are priorities. I of course want as many English language stations as we can get. I'm not apposed to eventually adding additional antenna (but I do have neighbors). I do also have a real FM antenna I can throw up there so the recommended antenna does not need to do FM.

Menards has some RCA antenna's on a pretty good sale right now and I was thinking of throwing the RCA ANT751R up there to see what I can get in but I doubt it will pull in WBBM.

I've seen many posts asking if WOCK-CD 4 was a priority. There is only one english language station of the 4 listed on that so if I can pick that up with the right antenna while getting WBBM, great. If I have to decide between WOCK 4 and WBBM (Chicago Bears), I need WBBM as CBS 2 is a major network. Failure to pull in WBBM will require a cable subscription which will require an HDHomerun Prime .. etc.. etc..

I've wired the house with RG6 and Cat6 and intend to initially connect the TV directly without splitters but quickly move to HDHomerun devices and media players.

I'm not apposed to adding additional antenna later. I hope this is enough to get started.

Thank you in advance!
Scott

Last edited by kringle; 11-Jul-2013 at 11:14 PM.
kringle is offline   Reply With Quote