View Single Post
Old 25-Mar-2015, 7:17 PM   #8
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

I received your coordinates and can offer the following assessment:

I'd use either the 91Xg or the DB8e roof-mounted on the main peak of your roof on the west side, over the garage. This location maximizes both antenna elevation and the distance to the trees along the creek. I'd prefer the 91XG over the DB8e by a slight margin as it includes a tiltable mast bracket that will allow you to bore site the antenna on the visible horizon (the tops of those trees).

A pre-amplifier is required. I'd suggest one with 25-30 dB of gain plus a built-in FM filter such as a CM7777. You won't need a distribution amp with that pre-amp.

Your location and requirements are fairly similar to mine although I live about 20 minutes southwest of Six Flags. Uphill, trees, lots of topography. I have the 91XG/CM7777 combo up on my roof and it works perfectly on all the main channels throughout the winter, but usually lose channels 9, 11, & 30 intermittently throughout the summer, especially when its wet and windy outside. I've reached the limit of what I can (willingly) do to improve it, so we just accept it for what it is. You've got more distance to the trees than do I and a little more distance before the rise in elevation, so I'd expect your results will be better than mine.

Best of luck!

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote