View Single Post
Old 14-Oct-2010, 10:23 AM   #32
kb2fzq

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalfanrc View Post
I just mapped the fire station to determine the distance from our house. It's 0.8 miles. It however is not directly in the line of the antenna. It appears to be a little less than 90 degrees off. I assume this is as bad?
Menlo Park falls under the San Mateo county fire frequencies, which are 151 to 156 megahertz, channel 7 freq is 177 mhz...public services usually run some high power transmissions, and IF they are indeed interfering with you, you don't have to be in line of site to the culprit at 0.8 miles away, they will easily cover your reception at that distance, again "IF" it is them...
Other then a spectrum analyzer, which I'm pretty sure you probably don't have access to, a scanner with the fire frequencies for Menlo plugged in correlating the pixing with fire transmissions is the only way to prove it, that I know of....
I'll PM you the list...
And from looking at your area map, you seem to be in a metro area, there are probably more transmitters then you can count around your area, more bad news, freqencies can mix creating a different frequency, virtually impossible to find the frequency without a spec analyzer, I honestly hope the result of your issues is an easy answer...

Last edited by kb2fzq; 14-Oct-2010 at 10:43 AM.
kb2fzq is offline   Reply With Quote