View Single Post
Old 12-Aug-2016, 12:06 AM   #1
nomanselizabeth

Worth an attempt? or let it go and move on..

Good afternoon all,

I live in Woodstock GA, a suburb of Atlanta about 30 miles to the NW of the downtown. I have (had?) an eave mounted Winegard 7084P that suffered a direct hit from a 10ft tree branch two weeks ago, bending the entire structure down immediately in front of the reflector.

As a result, whereas I used to receive Channels 2,5,8 (sometimes pixelated), 11 (ditto although usually clearing), 14, 36, 46, 69 , including their subsidiary channels (e.g. 5.1) and various specialty, shopping and Christian channels, now Channel 2 is snow, 5 and 8 are missing entirely, 11 & 14 are absolutely beautiful (stunning clarity), and the only other channels that are showing up are 47 (?) and 57(?).

Before I try and clamber up onto the roof, does anyone have an opinion as to whether it is likely that the antenna can be 'bent ' back into working condition, or is it more likely that it needs to be sent off to the great array in the sky, and a new one purchased to replace it? Please keep in mind that I am a single, middle- aged female whose only likely weapon here will be a hammer and other hand tools.

My goal is mainly to be able to watch football, so Fox, NBC and CBS are the targets.

Thank you in advance for your input!
nomanselizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote