Thread: Antenna Newbie
View Single Post
Old 19-Apr-2011, 6:40 PM   #38
GroundUrMast

I'd rather see you experiment with antenna elevation or location before spending more money. A four or eight port DA may be needed to distribute to multiple sets but the original TVF Report was based on 20' AGL. I'm estimating your current location offers 10' to 12' and a bore-site view of your outbuilding. WALA should be quite solid if it's really available with a 30 dB NM.

Re. RG-6 and ground wire on the roof, I don't like holes in my roof. A couple of non-penetrating options: (1) Galvanized or copper clad plumbers tape can slide under asphalt shingles without causing a lump. An 8" to 12" long piece of PT can be bent in the center to form a 3/8" to 1/2" loop. The tails slide under adjacent roofing tabs, the loop protrudes through the gap between the tabs. Run the wires through the loop in the PT. If needed, a small squirt or asphalt roof caulk can anchor the PT and tack down the shingle tabs. (2) Plastic clips for Christmas lights could be used to do the same thing, though they may raise the shingle tab more than desired.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 19-Apr-2011 at 6:53 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote