View Single Post
Old 29-Dec-2011, 8:59 PM   #16
DEDon

Received the antenna. Now some setup guidance would be helpful, please

I got assembled the 7084, today. It takes up the floor space in my one-car garage! I'm moving the J-mount ( that has two side-struts that also get lagged into the roof) from the N to the S end of the roof where a cleaner LOS toward the Philly Stations will be obtained.
I believe that I can attach the EAGLE ASPEN 500065 SINGLE WIRE ANTENNA ROTATOR to the 2" J-mount, then mount the preamp and the 7084 to the 5' upper mast section that I also ordered. (hard to believe that there isn't a place to buy a tripod antenna mount around here)
I anticipate connecting the antenna to the preamp and that to the rotor and then continuing on down to the family room and the Big Screen.
I have decided not to return the other preamp with more gain because I am going to eventually connect this antenna to my splitters and feed most of the house.

Since no cable and no instructions came with the Eagle Aspen Rotor I am open to suggestions. There are two coax connections on the bottom of the Rotor- one from the controller and one to the antenna(preamp). Given the hookups available. The controller has two coax connections as well- one labeled "Rotor" and the other labeled "Receiver." I suppose that means TV in my case. So, I have two questions. How would I go about running a separate power line without jerry-rigging it at the Rotor on the roof? AND will the power injector inside the house used to power the preamp, interact with the power running the Rotor servos in the coax?
Viewsonics VSMA 601C-10R Amp
Samsung 55UH8500FXZA
DEDon is offline   Reply With Quote