View Single Post
Old 26-Dec-2011, 12:50 AM   #10
DEDon

Taking Advice to heart

I will be returning the preamp and the antenna that I just purchased and will go by your advice.

I wish that I could understand the difference between all of these preamps taht I have seen. I've seen a comparison chart and it appears that they only differ in gain and whether or not they have a FM trap...the difference between them is greek to me. I've read that more gain isn't necessarily better but, what about my situation has prompted your choices?

I didn't realize until I researched the WGDHD7084P, that it is like a little sister to the 8200 and, if I had not shied away from the size and price, I may have gone with that, earlier.

I'll take your advice on both the antenna and the preamp that you have suggested, I did notice that one that you are suggesting, the I did know that I shouldn't combine cable company and OTA signals in the same coax but, thanks anyway.

The cable that I am currently running from my temporary home-made is quad shielded RG6. I will only use quad on any new coax that I use, but, I know that the rest of the house has an inferior cable that the cable company may have put in when it was built. I had already thought of running this quad shielded cable that I am using with the temp antenna and running it with the rotor cable, once I get it. That one-cable design that the rotor advertises was not my reason for ordering that model.

I'll post again, once I get everything returned and your suggestions on the roof. Thank you.
Viewsonics VSMA 601C-10R Amp
Samsung 55UH8500FXZA
DEDon is offline   Reply With Quote