View Single Post
Old 8-Mar-2012, 1:16 AM   #1
emets31

Need Antenna Advice for Kingston, NY Area

Hello, I am in the process of getting rid of cable, and I came across TVFool. I have been reading around for awhile, and I finally decided to make a post to get some help. Basically, my setup is like this - I live in a metro area, in a 2nd floor apartment. We are paying about $110 a month for cable tv, and not getting our money's worth. SO, my Wife and I have decided to get rid of it, and we have already taken some steps to do it. I will be running Boxee from my PC via a 20ft. HDMI cable, and I have a Roku 2 XS already installed. I also have a PS3 and Blu-ray Player connected, but I probably won't be streaming from them. I am still trying to find the best possible way to get shows like The Walking Dead, Adventure Time, Adult Swim, and a few other shows, as well as a bunch of childrens programs for my Kids, through Hulu+, Amazon, Netflix, and any other possible ways (If anyone has some ideas about that, I would apprciate your input). But I would still like to be able to watch some live TV via local channels (it doesn't necessarily have to be a live broadcast, I just mean during the regular broadcast time), like American Idol (for my Wife, not me ) on Fox, Mets games on SNY and other stuff like that on ABC, NBC, PBS, etc. That is where an antenna would come in, but I am having some difficulty in finding out exactly what I need. I don't have a ton of cash to spend, so I wanted to skip the trial and error in finding one as much as possible. So, I wanted to see if I could get any input here. Any help and/or info would be greatly appreciated. I have done Signal Analysis (results can be found here), but please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks in advance!
emets31 is offline   Reply With Quote