View Single Post
Old 30-Jun-2015, 11:33 AM   #13
nkirkley

Rabbit, I had an antenna guy install the antenna, but, I really don't know what he did as far as grounding. I would have to call him to find out. I am about positive, though, he did not ground anything to the house's electrical box.

I will definitely get the FM filter and give that a shot. That might be just enough to pull in WXII. I viewed your map and you are correct, that signal, if there is one at all, barely gets to my location. I guess that since I have tuned it in from time to time that I thought I might be able to grab it more reliably or frequently if I did a few changes to the antenna, such as raise the antenna.

I will definitely keep you guys posted on what results I do get with the FM filter.

Quick question about radio. When I bought this house, I hooked up an antenna, just something basic, to my stereo to listen to FM. My station was WRFX 99.7. Even though it is only 4.2 miles away, reception was not that great. Is this another example of overloading? Also, for some strange reason, that station would also come in on 95.7, blocking out the actual station WXRC. I thought it was really wierd. Anyhow, I gave up on FM radio. The playlist for that station hasn't changed in over 2 years so it got boring.
nkirkley is offline   Reply With Quote