View Single Post
Old 6-May-2015, 6:20 PM   #36
NapMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbb View Post
Yes, the reflector on it makes if a very directional antenna.

If the stations you want are mostly 180 degrees away from each other you may be able to remove the reflector to get stations from the back and front of the antenna.

ADTech is a rep for the company that makes the DB4e and can add info for that.

Edit; Generally going higher helps with getting over trees, houses, etc. But not always, signals from the tower can be reflected, (bounce), off of roofs, walls the ground etc. So sometimes lower works better. Fine tuning the antenna location and aiming can be hit or miss depending on local conditions.

I fiddled around with mine for weeks before I finally went up on the roof with a small TV and a short coax cable. Still took me an hour to get it where I wanted it. But that was before the trees leafed out, now I have to move it again.

Interesting, so higher isn't always better? When I mounted the first antenna on the roof it was a very small one, but it was about 2 feet lower than the DB4e (just at the top of the dish mast) and at first it seemed to work very well. I posted my original message here when it started to give me problems back in February (before any leaves had come in). I was having the same problem as now except it was the ABC & CW networks, both broadcast from the same tower locations. ADTech suggested the DB4e to me at that time because the original antenna was a bit small.

Of course, the DB4e is a pretty tall antenna so I can't go too much lower before the bottom will be sitting on the roof.

By the way, I checked the signals again and the CBS is back to where it was before. TabloTV showing full strength but it's having occasional, brief glitches. Still total watchable, unlike last night.
NapMan is offline   Reply With Quote